Artist and SMArt
Wenhuan Shao’s artistic creation mainly focuses on the theme of nature or enlightens the concept of nature, by approaching the essence of things from a temporal perspective.
He intends to create metaphysical art works through a “photography comprehensive painting”, principally using photography mixed with other medium.
Born in 1971 in Hetian, China
Lives in Hangzhou, China
2002 – Studied as a graduate student at Integrated Painting Dept. of China Academy of Art.
2018 – Solo exhibitions
- Beijing, Three Shadows Photography Art Centre, “Perspectives in the Distance”
- Hangzhou, The Roof Art Museum, “Whine Within Mirror”
- Shanghai and New York, Han Feng Art Space, “Non-Mountain”
2018 – Group exhibitions
- Nanjing, Museum of Nanjing University of the Arts, “Screen Refreshing Labor: Photography Exhibition 2018”
- Beijing, China Millennium Monument, “International Academic Exhibition-Photo Beijing 2018”
- Shanghai, Ke Art Museum, “Parallelism Shanghai-International Contemporary Art Invitational Exhibition”
- New York, China Institute Gallery, “Art of the Mountain”
- Tianjin, Teda INGALLERY, “Meta image – International Photograph Exhibition”
- Shanghai, Qing Art Space, “Land-Schaft”
- Hongkong, Galerie Ora-Ora, “??.?? Sqm Open Sea”
- Paris, Galerie Liusa Wang, “After Sunset”
- Wenzhou, Epoch Art Museum, “Transcendence of Objective Image”
- Suzhou, Han Shan Art Museum, “The Folded Mountain II”
Wenhuan Shao's selection