Artist and SMArt
In his artwork Jieaho Su applies traditional Chinese concepts on mankind and nature, with a macro and calm perspective. His photography approach is both documentary and artistic and his major working themes are identity, memory, and space, inspired by his personal life history.
Born in Guangdong in 1988 – Live in Beijing
- 2009 Beijing Film Academy
Selected Prizes & Awards
- 2015 Feature Shoot Emerging Photography Awards, Grand Prize
- 2015 Magnum Photos, 30 Under 30
- 2015 Düsseldorf Portfolio Review, ARTE Creative Award
- 2015 British Journal of Photography, Ones to Watch
- 2015 Format Photo Festival, IdeasTap Award
- 2014 APA / Lucie Foundation Scholarship, Finalist
- 2013 Jinan Photography Biennial, Excellent Photographer Award
- 2015 Expanded Geographies, Lianzhou Foto Festival, Lianzhou, China
- 2015 Photoquai 2015, Quai Branly Museum, Paris, France
- 2015 Fraction of A Second, UNM Art Museum, New Mexico, U.S.
- 2015 Reframe Memory, Benaki Museum, Athens, Greece
- 2015 Developed: Three Emerging Photographers, United Photo Industries Gallery, New York, U.S.
- 2014 Borderland, Jinan Photo Biennial, Jinan, China
- 2014 In Search of Home: Jiehao Su’s New Work, Actual Size Los Angeles, U.S.
Jiehao Su's selection